[Resolved] CSS issues once creating a child theme with the Niche WooCommerce layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS issues once creating a child theme with the Niche WooCommerce layout

Home Forums Support CSS issues once creating a child theme with the Niche WooCommerce layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Konrad

Hi, I’m new to Generate Press and pretty new to WP in general so please forgive any ignorance that is sure to follow…

I’ve installed GP and the Premium plugin (latest versions) and have loaded the Niche WooCommerce layout from the site library.

I have then created a child theme using the blank files found on https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/ and uploaded and activated this.

It all works BUT… I notice some CSS issues on activation, such as the category links which are now an unstyled list or the images on the product page which are displayed larger than they should be so the description is pushed below.

If I activate the parent theme then it’s all fine again.

I have deactivated chache plugins etc.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Many thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

When importing a Site like Niche it adds CSS to Customizer > Additional CSS. This gets stored with the theme, and by activating the Child Theme removes it.

Deactivate the child theme temporarily – the styling should return. Now go copy the CSS from the Customizer > Additional CSS. Now re-activate the Child Them and paste the CSS this into your Child Theme styles.css file

Konrad

Hi David, thanks for your help – that did the trick! I’ll try and remember that for next time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Konrad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.