[Resolved] CSS combine and cache under customizer

Home Forums Support CSS combine and cache under customizer

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

Happy Easter folks!

What are the recommended practices for those settings under customizer>general when already using caching plugins that include CSS minification and combine?

I usually run WP Fastest Cache with excellent results by using their CSS minification and combine + JS combine. And sometimes I also use Asset Cleanup together and enable CSS minification and combine in there instead of WP Fastest Cache.

I understand that those GP options are for the theme only, while the other caching plugins will optimize and combine all CSS files found in a given installation.

Is it recommended to use them all together or should we make a choice – GP or plugin CSS optimization?

With the last site where I installed GP, I tested having all of them checked both at GP + at caching plugin and it seems to work fine with very good speed results but just wondering whether this is really the recommended practice?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I like to use the GP options when i am not using any other plugins to combine/minimize that code. I have yet to see any issues in having both GP and a 3rd party plugin options enabled – but it seems redundant to have both enabled. So generally when using a 3rd party plugin i will disable the GP options.

ch1800

Yep, that’s what I also thought. Sounds logic.
    But, as you said, I also realized that I left both enabled at a site and there was no damage.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.