[Resolved] CSS applies in Customiser but not live

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS applies in Customiser but not live

Home Forums Support CSS applies in Customiser but not live

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dave

I have GP installed on this site but all my CSS changes appear only in Customiser and not on the live site. What is going on?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which CSS changes? In the Additional CSS control?

Dave

I used the Simple Custom CSS plug-in. All the CSS there is what I’m referring to.

The client uses a GoDaddy hosting account and I’ve always had issues with GoDaddy and WordPress. Might be the issue but idk.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange. What if you use the “Additional CSS” control? Same issue?

Dave

Looks like that worked! Thanks Tom! Is there another way to access the “Additional CSS” section without going in to Customiser each time?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, so Simple CSS isn’t firing. Can you re-add it to Simple CSS so I can take a look at your code?

Additional CSS is only in the Customizer I believe.

Dave

Sure just did.

Also, I use the Simple Custom CSS plugin made by Regan and Van Cooten. CSS made with that plugin works totally fine on all other sites I use it on. The only difference between this site and the others I do is the host. I use 1&1 and the site I’m having issues with is on GoDaddy.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird, it’s like it’s stripping it out, or possibly not saving it. When you go back into the Customizer or the Simple CSS area, is the CSS there?

Dave

Yah the CSS is listed in both places – the Custom CSS plugin as well as the CSS in the Customiser. If I remove the CSS from the plugin, it doesn’t affect anything and the CSS works properly. If I remove the CSS from the Customiser Additional CSS section, the CSS doesn’t work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the Simple Custom CSS plugin activated at the same time as Simple CSS? I believe there’s a conflict between the two which can cause issues.

Dave

Only one plugin is active along with the Additional CSS inside Customiser. There has never been an issue. I really think it has to do with GoDaddy. I am currently building other sites on 1&1 hosting and have no issues. I’ve just deleted the Simple CSS plugin and I’ll use the Additional CSS for this site. Its a very basic site too so I’m not worried about this one.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good, strange indeed. I’ll keep it in mind if it happens again 🙂

Dave

It must be that particular plugin with that site. I just installed your Simple CSS plugin and ditched the Simple Custom CSS plugin and the changes worked perfectly. From now on, I’ll just use your plugin. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good to know – thank you! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.