[Resolved] CSS alignment question for masonry

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS alignment question for masonry

Home Forums Support CSS alignment question for masonry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Davinder Sangha

Using GeneratePress with some custom CSS, but struggling to align masonry blocks on various category pages.

http://www.workwearexpress.com/downloads/Capture.JPG
    Example alignment issue

Link shows the block which I need aligning. It’s the same on the other categories.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This looks like it’s happening because the “Ugg” post is too long, causing it to push down the post below it.

Davinder Sangha

Hi. That’s correct. How do I clip that text/element/block so that it lines up on every occasions, even with up-to-date articles.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not sure it’s possible to set it so it always matches the height of the item to the left, especially with new articles. You can target that specific post with CSS and try to tweak some things (padding/font sizes etc..) but it won’t be perfect.

I’ll keep thinking about a solution and will post back here if I think of one.

Davinder Sangha

Cheers. Our stories will be updated all the time, so I want to try and avoid any individual story CSS work. I’ll keep having a look as well and will update if I find anything.

PS. Blog URL is:

http://www.workwearexpress.com/blog/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could use CSS to match the height right now, but it will change depending on the height of the post image and content as you update.

For example, this code should work right now:

@media screen and (min-width: 769px) {
          .masonry-container .type-post:nth-of-type(2) {
                max-height: 490px;
                overflow: hidden;
          }
    }

However, when you add new posts, this CSS will most likely have to change.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.