[Resolved] Critical error when trying to Customize GeneratePress Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Critical error when trying to Customize GeneratePress Theme

Home Forums Support Critical error when trying to Customize GeneratePress Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would recommend updating PHP to at least 7.2 – but i cannot say that is the issue.
    The rest of the server settings look fine.

Andrei Cosmovici

Ok.
    Me – still waiting…
    ”I’ll be back!” :-)))

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know what they say 🙂

Andrei Cosmovici

And here we are! 🙂
    Error Log for blog.teri.ro

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The remote.php file in your plugins directory has some issues that should be fixed, but I’m not sure if that’s the issue.

What happens if you disable WP_DEBUG?: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

Andrei Cosmovici

What you should know, is there I have NO acces to the site server, or any file located on the site server. So there is no way it would help to give me tasks that involve any file of the site server.
    A company handles 100% of the technicals aspects of my website. I had to ask for even for a poor error log file. So this way, if you’ll need to check several files from the site server, it will take a long time to fix the problem.

Anyway, I did’t think it would take so long time to fix the problem mentionned in this topic :-(.

I already asked: password / username for accessing the blog dashboard would help to urge fixing the problem?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately, this is likely a server related issue (or else we’d be flooded with similar topics). Therefore, the issue needs to be resolved on the server itself.

Turning off WP_DEBUG might help fix the issue, but I’m not 100% sure.

Just to confirm, if you deactivate GP Premium, are you able to load the Customizer?

If so, what happens if all of the GP Premium modules are deactivated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”? What if you activate them one by one?

Andrei Cosmovici

YOU: Turning off WP_DEBUG might help fix the issue, but I’m not 100% sure.
    ME: How should I do this, knowing that I have access only to the blog Dashboard, and not to the server?

YOU: Just to confirm, if you deactivate GP Premium, are you able to load the Customizer?
    ME: Yes.

YOU: If so, what happens if all of the GP Premium modules are deactivated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”?
    ME:I can load the Customizer.

YOU: What if you activate them one by one?
    ME: I did this, and I found that only 4 modules block the loading of the Customizer: Menu Plus, Site Library, Spacing, Typography. So right now, the Customizer works well, but the 4 themes mentionned earlier are deactivated. I don’t know how important these modules should be for me, therefore I can’t decide to go on without them, or if we should continue fighting to fix the issue.

Looking forward for your answer, to see if there is a 100% procent server related issue, or if there is something to be done from the theme side. As I already mentionned, if needed, I can give you access to the blog dashboard, if this could help solving the issue easier and quicker.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s interesting. What happens if you deactivate all of the modules, then activate Menu Plus by itself. Does the Customizer load?

Logging into the Dashboard won’t help me much, unfortunately. I’m just trying to get an idea of what kind of issue this might be.

If you can ask your hosting to turn off WP_DEBUG, that would be great as well.

Andrei Cosmovici

YOU: If you can ask your hosting to turn off WP_DEBUG, that would be great as well.
    ME: I will.

YOU: What happens if you deactivate all of the modules, then activate Menu Plus by itself. Does the Customizer load?
    ME: I did, and it works. And I did this with all the 4 modules (Menu Plus, Site Library, Spacing, Typography), and if I activate only these 4 modules, the Customizer works.

I went even further, and while these 4 modules activated, I re-activated the others, one by one. The results are: the 4 modules works only with modules Copyright and Disable Elements. When enabling either of the other remaining modules, Customizer won’t work.

This still seems to be a server side issue?…

Andrei Cosmovici

To help solving this issue faster, please consider using the passw and usern for accessing my blog Dashboard (as it takes me time to give you infos you could pick-up by yourself quicker from my Dashboard)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, I’m pretty convinced it’s a PHP memory issue. Can you contact your hosting and ask them to up the memory limit?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

The fact that it doesn’t matter which modules are active means it’s not the code inside the modules. It means having them all activated at once is causing an issue, which means your server is likely running out of memory.

Out of curiosity, who are you hosted with?

Andrei Cosmovici

Will ask them to increase PHP memory limit.

gomag.ro is the company which handles my webhosting / website / fixes website issues etc. But I don’t really know who’s really hosting my site, maybe another company through Gomag?…

Andrei Cosmovici

FIXED!!!

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’)

Many thanks!!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.