[Support request] Critical Error web-site during customizing GP Premium

Home Forums Support [Support request] Critical Error web-site during customizing GP Premium

Home Forums Support Critical Error web-site during customizing GP Premium

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Johan Bernhart

Hello, Support Team,
    During customization in the trouble-shoot mode (with all plugins enabled) I received the following error-message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_is_auto_update_enabled_for_type() in /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-admin/includes/theme.php:752 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/health-check-troubleshooting-mode.php(868): wp_prepare_themes_for_js() #1 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Health_Check_Troubleshooting_MU->health_check_troubleshoot_menu_bar(Object(WP_Admin_Bar)) #2 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(544): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-includes/admin-bar.php(95): do_action_ref_array(‘admin_bar_menu’, Array) #5 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): wp_admin_bar_render(”) #6 /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.li in /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-admin/includes/theme.php on line 752
    There has been a critical error on your website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.
    ——————————————————————————————————————–Your help, please

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that error is pointing to some code in a Hook Element.
    Can you check what you have in there?

Johan Bernhart

Hello, Mr. David,

Since the referral literature is about CSS, I am at a loss. Further I tried what I could, but did not succeed in customizing the theme: always stuck with ‘you are customizing Cross-Africa etc.’ and a blank widget section. After activating the modules and clicking one of the elements in the section ‘start customizing’, the same problem. Increasing the memory in the wp-config.php file by adding the line: define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’); did neither work out!
    Please, your help to get the Premium plugin customized?
    After being confronted with the critical error, I managed to remove the theme and premium=plugin from the site, and reinstall them. As such, the state of affairs.

Kind regards,

Dr. Mr. Mr. Hans Pronk, physician, internat. lawyer, environmental manager

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did reinstalling the theme and plugin resolve the issue ?

We recommend PHP Limit of 256mb minimum. I generally use 768mb as this will account for extra plugins and a lot better performance.

Johan Bernhart

Hello Mr. David,

Well, I might say in the end, whether I would be happy with the support. At least, it seems, what I suspected, that the memory is a critical factor.
    So, the reinstalling of the theme and plug-in did not yet solve the problem.
    I changed the wp-config.php file according to some suggestions in the blog. But got still an error when trying to customize:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘768M’); ini_get( ‘memory_limit’, ‘768M’ ) );
    /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Perhaps you may help me with the syntax (the first sentence).

Kind regards,

Dr. Mr. Hans Pronk

Johan Bernhart

Hello, Mr. David,

as an addendum, I add the (parse- / syntax-)error, I was talking about, in my last reply to your message today:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘)’ in /home/customer/www/irrigateafrica.link/public_html/wp-config.php on line 69

Kind regards,

Dr/ Mr. Hans Pronk

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Johan Bernhart

Hello Leo,

I consulted a Mr. Vladimir at Site Ground Host, to learn, that the memory was correctly set at 768 M:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘768M’); ini_get( ‘memory_limit’, ‘768M’ ) );
    /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Hope, that I gave you the correct info:

Dr. Mr. Hans Pronk

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you still getting the same error?

That error is saying this function is undefined: wp_is_auto_update_enabled_for_type()

That’s a core function that was introduced in WordPress 5.5. Are you using 5.5?

If so, do you have a caching plugin/server caching set up? It’s possible that WordPress is cached and therefore not recognizing the new function.

Johan Bernhart

Hello, Tom,

what you ask: yes, WP is cached. And if this causes problems with the customizing of GP Premium,
    I suspect, that GP Premium can NEVER be customized on this WP Site Ground Host.
    From the history you now, that it is now the second chance I gave to let this plug-in work on my site,
    But customizing turns out to be a disaster: the modules are indefinitely loading during this customizing process, even with a considerable increase of PHP memory.
    Unless you can help to solve this huge problem, I have to ask (again) for reimbursement of the monies paid …
    You soonest response,

Dr. Mr. Mr. Hans Pronk

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP Premium itself isn’t the issue here, but we’re happy to issue a refund if you’d like, just shoot us an email here: https://generatepress.com/contact

This is the fatal error: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_is_auto_update_enabled_for_type()

wp_is_auto_update_enabled_for_type() is a core WordPress function defined in 5.5. If your install isn’t recognizing it, it means something is wrong with your WordPress installation. It could be cached, so it’s not recognizing the new function.

None of this is theme-related – it’s likely server/cache related.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.