[Support request] Creating Page Templates

Home Forums Support [Support request] Creating Page Templates

Home Forums Support Creating Page Templates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom

Is it possible to create full template pages in GeneratePress? What I would like is to be able to create several different templates for several types of page that we use a lot on our site. I’d like to have it set up with standard banner and footer info of course, and then also a number of reusable blocks as well as empty or placeholder list, paragraph, and image blocks. The idea being that I can select a single template style when I add new pages and easily create groups of 50, 100, or more pages, all with identical layouts and features, that I can then add unique content to the regular blocks. And then when I need to change something with the template, say, add a form, move the location of a block, etc., I can change the template and that change will automatically filter down to all of the child pages that were created from that template.

I used to be able to do this type of process back in the day with Dreamweaver but I can’t seem to figure out how to do it in GeneratePress. Do you have a step-by-step for how to do this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Tom

I showed that link, and your response to my programmer and this was his response:

“This link you sent me — https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/creating-a-custom-page-template/ does not explain how we load a block on a specific page template, it only tells us how we can create a page template and how to design its container and parent divs of that template like header, footer, sidebar, etc, but does not explain anything about Gutenberg block on how to load it per page template.”

That’s what I was asking; how to you add blocks that we can modify later to a page template?

We have several large sites and we need to be able to update all the pages at once when we make global changes (like adding or removing blocks or changing the location of blocks in the page layout) without affecting or losing the unique content on each page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

but does not explain anything about Gutenberg block on how to load it per page template.

I’m not exactly sure what your programmer is referring to here but it doesn’t sound more like a WordPress question rather than a theme question.

Maybe a block element would help with this?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.