[Resolved] Creating a Hero Header using Featured Image?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Creating a Hero Header using Featured Image?

Home Forums Support Creating a Hero Header using Featured Image?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thecandidgamer

So, I recently upgraded to GeneratePress Premium, and I’m already enjoying the new modules and options! My site is finally feeling semi-professional, and I’m excited to keep working on it!

But I think having hero images in my post headers would really kick my site up a notch. The only problem is, I’ve never made a hero image before! I’ve been following the videos from the headers overview documentation and the GeneratePress Premium “Elements Module” video, but I just can’t get the featured images to display in the header, or anything else, really.

I’m thinking there’s some CSS I need to add, but I haven’t seen any styling code to work off of. Is there a resource or set of code I’d need to add for the CSS to get started?

Thanks in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you checked out the examples on this page?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-hero-examples/#example-2

The step by step guide might be helpful if you are just getting started with Elements as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/how-to-create-a-page-hero/

thecandidgamer

Hi,

Yes, I followed both links.

It turns out that I had another plugin activated, and mistook its text field for the GeneratePress Elements text field. That part was user error…

I do have another question though: When viewing the new header, my site’s title and tagline are still visible, but don’t look good in the header at all. Is there a way to disable the title and tagline on specific pages? Or would I need to remove the title and tagline completely, and use a custom logo image instead?

I like having my site title and headline on the homepage of the site, at least until I have a much better homepage header design, so I don’t want to remove it completely.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for a separate question?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.