[Resolved] Creating a Carousel Header Element

Home Forums Support Creating a Carousel Header Element

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erika

Hi there,
    Iยดd like to create a Carousel Header Element which appears only on one page. Actually it should be an easy job ๐Ÿ™‚
    I have the following possibilities:
    1. I disabled the image we added as a hook-Element for all other pages and created the carousel in Elementor. One way to do this is to add a carousel. Does not look bad, it is full screen width, it has the texts we want to have on the image, but I am not fully satisfied with it, because this element sticks on the page, although the option sticky is turned off. The slider should disappear under the navigation when I scroll down. Another way is to add an element and set the background up as a slide show. In this case I do not get the complete width of the screen and I can not add a different text to the slides, but it disappears when I scroll down ๐Ÿ˜€
    2. For another option I found these scripts: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_slideshow.asp
    I thought of using Elements and create a hook where I add the HTML, I added the CSS to the Child Theme CSS and got stuck at adding the javascript. This way might or might not work. At least I could define that this hook element appears only on one page and I can add and customize text as I wish.
    The questions are: how should I add the javascript to test if the element-solution works.
    Any other suggestions about getting the wishes result of a slideshow with three images and texts on them (without placing the text on the image) that if full screen width and disappers unter the header&navigation when scrolled down?

*Please add the sites to the URL:
    studio-carousel-as-a-background/ – carousel in Elementor as background slideshow
    studio/ – carousel in Elementor as slideshow-element – as far the best looking one – maybe it only needs some lines of css not to stick on any device?
    elementor-12401/ – element and css added, javascript missing

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is that an option in Elementor to make it sticky? It doesn’t look like it should do that by default. If possible, I would just deactivate the sticky option instead of disabling it per-device using CSS – it will be lighter that way.

Erika

Hi Tom,
    yes, i missed that the SECTION was set as sticky. Now it is working nicely.
    Thanks, Erika

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.