[Resolved] create page designs with Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] create page designs with Elementor

Home Forums Support create page designs with Elementor

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joanne Smith

The video uses the Twenty Sixteen child theme BUT your still left with the HEADER and NAVIGATION on the landing page – so that’s why I used GP theme as you can turn off these unwanted elements – header – title- navigation on the landing page and the content starts from the TOP of the page (( if you use the video background in the first column like they do in the video )

hope that is clear ??

J

mc208

Yeah it’s totally clear. I used GP with a different page builder and I understand about hiding various elements, easy as checking the box on the page options. That’s what I’m liking about GP.

Joanne Smith

I have used Visual composer in the past but this new page builder is SO much faster to use and see how the page looks on the fly… that’s what I like about it — yes visual composer has MORE elements BUT I am sure Elementor will add many more widgets / elements in the future — NOt too sure about how it goes with shortcodes from other plugins but worst comes to worst you can use the theme default page and paste the short code and it will work outside Elementor.—that’s the fastest workaround.

Elementor is in its early phase BUT with the GP theme –I think it is a perfect combination and I am looking forward to letting my NEW clients work with editing the pages using Elementor as it is a nightmare teaching them how to use Visual composer as they keep pressing the wrong edit buttons and it takes way too long to open and edit and save and update page… they get confused. This page builder is going to be so much easier to teach. — press the text box and type in your text in the left panel – save –and your done!

Elementor will give Visual Composer a run for its money —-

Joanne Smith

Tom
    I noticed that in the forums the developer has recommended your theme with their product!!

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/a-few-questions-60

Bonus!!

Hope it helps as I have been suggesting it all over the place!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s great!

It does help – thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Joanne Smith

you may need to add
    h1 {
    padding-top: 60px;
    margin: 0px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    padding-left: 50px;
    }

Adam Preiser

Tomorrow is going to be a HUGE update for Elementor. I can’t reveal what it is, but it will make it a game changer for a free page builder to have. I am testing the beta now and am pretty blown away really.

Neil

Not even a wee hint Adam? Could it be addition of template feature? I think that was flagged in the last blog post.

Lyle

I am also testing the Elementor beta and I will agree with Adam … HUGE! and blown away as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Joanne Smith

Yes — I also love the default templates and especially the ability to save ones own work as a page templates and more IMPORTANTLY move a template of amelement ( single row ) to another website — even more time saving — love it so far!! — I have been asking Visual Composer to do this for a year but nothing came of it — too much repeated work with VC even from page to page on their own site. — They have templates but only of a whole page — big flaw. I like to take bits out off a page and use it again anywhere I like – time saving!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.