[Support request] Create new widget area between blog post of the home page.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Create new widget area between blog post of the home page.

Home Forums Support Create new widget area between blog post of the home page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Victor Millan

Hello, first of all, I want to congratulate you for your work and thank you very much for your time.

Now my query. On a blogroll type homepage, I would like to add two areas of widgets in between the posts. For example, after 3 post, one widget area, and after 7, another. Is it possible to relocate some footer widget that is not used for this? Or include them in some way?

Mi site is based on Marketer theme.

Thank you

Victor

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Victor,

Doing something like this would be quite complex, unfortunately. It would involve re-writing the post loop in custom templates. It’s a little too involved to explain via forums.

I’m not sure what you’re adding, but have you looked into a plugin like Ad Inserter? It has this capability baked in, but it doesn’t use widget areas.

Jose

Tom, look forward to having this feature as well. I didn’t know it was so difficult, as we have it working in our site (using genesis framework theme).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can most likely use the same method you’re using now with Genesis with GP. Is it a plugin or a custom page template?

Jose

I had this in the functions.php

// BETWEEN Posts
    genesis_register_sidebar( array(
    'id' => 'between-post-content',
    'name' => __( 'Between Posts', 'mm' ),
    'description' => __( 'Section Between Posts', 'mm' ),
    ) );
    add_action( 'genesis_after_entry', 'mm_between_post_content' );
    function mm_between_post_content() {
    global $loop_counter;
    $loop_counter++;
    if( $loop_counter == 2 ) {
    if ( is_active_sidebar( 'between-post-content' ) ) {
        echo '<div class="between-post-content widget-area"><div class="wrap">';
    	dynamic_sidebar( 'between-post-content' );
    	echo '</div></div><!-- end .top -->';
    	}
    $loop_counter = 0;
    }
    }

Not sure if this will be of help. The intention was to have an ad b/w every two posts.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, not possible at the moment, but I think we should be able to add a hook in the next version that will achieve this.

I’ll take a look 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.