[Resolved] Create mega-menu with submenus

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Create mega-menu with submenus

Home Forums Support Create mega-menu with submenus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fernando Díaz Gascón

Hello,

I want to create a menu with two columns. For this, I have been using this tutorial.

But one of the columns has got two levels. And when I build the mega menu, the levels are not displayed.

I explain you with examples.

The menu is this one:

https://mariamandarinaonline.es/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/submenus.png

As you see, the category “Juegos de mesa” have got several sub-categories (“Juegos cooperativos, juegos de calculo…”).

But if you see the result, you cannot see those levels. All categories appear at the same level:

https://mariamandarinaonline.es/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/mega-menu-gp.png

What can I do?

If this mega menu does not support two levels in the categories (maybe, because is called “simple”), do you recommend some mega-menu plugin compatible with the GP theme?

Thank you very much

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you set up the Mega Menu and i can take a look at what is causing the issue?

Fernando Díaz Gascón

I cannot 🙁 Because the web is operative.

Is it an issue? Or is it the normal behaviour of the css? I mean, is it not normal that the mega menu does not support two levels of categories?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is there any reason you’re using that many levels in the sub-menu? Will they appear any different than the first level? The mega menu system we provide in the docs is really only meant to go one level deep.

Let me know 🙂

Fernando Díaz Gascón

Ok! I took into account that it is only one level deep. I have seen another mega-menu’s that put a margin to show the second level. I will check another options! Do you recommend some mega-menu plugin adapted to Generate Press?

Thank you very much

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We can definitely add a margin to the second level, but we’d need to see your site so we can give you the necessary CSS – maybe circle back once things are live?

There are tons of mega menu plugins out there if you do a search for “WordPress mega menu”, although most of them are premium plugins I think.

Fernando Díaz Gascón

We finally found another simple solution, but I take into account the possibility. Thank you very much.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got something working 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.