[Support request] Create Different Action on Mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Create Different Action on Mobile

Home Forums Support Create Different Action on Mobile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi Support,

We have a PDF document for new users to download. Just learned PDFs don’t work on iPhones (without some added app).

Is there a way for mobile users to be directed to a different web page? Non mobile users are directed via a button to a web page that has the PDF document embedded in it.

Thank you,

Linda

Linda

STOP THE PRESSES! You guys have already fixed this in your responsive theme! I was listening to an instructor in an SEO course re. the PDF problem without checking it for myself. I just did and the PDF shows up just fine. It’s a bit squished left to right, but perfectly readable and acceptable.

Sorry to bug you without proper checking on our end. Please blame it on it being Friday and accept my apologies!!!

Linda

P.S. The only thing that doesn’t work is the link in the PDF. Can that be fixed? It works fine on my desktop version.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The only thing that doesn’t work is the link in the PDF. Can that be fixed?

Not sure if I understand, the link in the actual pdf document?

Linda

Yup, that’s it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I’m not sure about that as the theme itself has no control over it.

I’m guessing it’s the app that opens the pdf doesn’t support links?

Linda

Okay, I understand, Leo. Your guess re. the app makes sense to me.

I could try uploading a Word version to see if that app does support links??? Does this make sense to you? Realize that is not a theme question, but your tech knowledge is wider than mine!

Or maybe this is something I could research online before jumping in???

Regardless, appreciate your rapid response and effort to help … as always.

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I could try uploading a Word version to see if that app does support links??? Does this make sense to you?

Could definitely try that. Or try a different app to open the pdf file and see if that works.

Linda

Thanks for your suggestions, Leo. Will work on both of them and see how it goes. Will post back once I have in case it might help another GeneratePress-er.

Enjoy your weekend!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You as well!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.