[Resolved] Create custom category items and make sidebar in 2 collumns

Home Forums Support Create custom category items and make sidebar in 2 collumns

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Santa

Hello!

Could you please assist if it is possible to replace my current sidebar category text with icons ( possibly when hovering over – there is a text of the category?) Is it even possible?

Another thing- how to make these icons to be in 2 columns?

Thank you for your time, will be waiting for your thoughts!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i think that would require custom development – i had a look for category icon plugins and couldn’t see anything that would do this.

Santa

Hi David! Thank you for your answer!

I tried to achieve something like this, but using elementor icons. Can you please tell the direction on how to achieve text when hovering over the icon? ( in attached website, under the categories titles)

The goal is to use only icons and when hovering the mouse over an icon, text appears. Is it possible to achieve this with CSS?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could construct a 2 column template in Elementor using their Icon Box widget and add this to the Right Sidebar. then i could take a look at the necessary CSS to hide text when its not being hovered upon.

One concern is that generic icons won’t have any alt or aria text applied to them – making them a pretty poor UX/UI for users with accessibility needs.

Santa

Thank you for your help David!

Have added two columns in the right sidebar and inserted two icons. The goal is to remove the current text under the icons and make the text appear when the mouse is hovering over the icon. Is it achievable with CSS?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you edit template, and on each of the Columns on the Advanced settings add a CSS class of:

category-icon

Santa

Hi David! Have added the CSS classes to icons.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The class needs to be added to the Column not the Icon. Once thats changed add this CSS:

.category-icon .elementor-widget-heading {
        opacity: 1;
        transition: opacity 0.2s ease-in;
    }
    .category-icon:not(:hover) .elementor-widget-heading {
        opacity: 0;
        transition: opacity 0.2s ease-in;
    }
    Santa

Thank you very much for your help David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.