[Support request] Create a webpage index for all post in a category

Home Forums Support [Support request] Create a webpage index for all post in a category

Home Forums Support Create a webpage index for all post in a category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Geoffrey A.

Hi. I was looking at a website and noticed they have a nice index in one of their webpages, where they show a picture, date of creation and some info of each post:

https://geospectrum.ca/news/

If I am not wrong, I think I can do the same with Generate Press. My question is how I create that webpage that works as an index. And if there is possible to create webpage, an index page, for the category news and another for the category blog.

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Create a new Page and give it a title eg. Blog or News or whatever you like.
    2. Publish that page without any content or other changes.
    3. Settings > Reading, where you can set your Blog page, select your newly created page.
    WP / GP will automatically create your blog for you.
    4. If you want, add your newly made blog page to your Menu.

Once thats done and working. You can:

1. Enable the Blog Module in Appearance > GeneratePress.
    2. Customizer > Layout > Blog -> Enable the Columns and set the number of columns you want.

If you want to restyle the posts on your blog page let me know.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Geoffrey,

Can you provide the link to the site in question?

Geoffrey A.

Hi Fernando,

I followed the steps, but nothing changed. And I also wanted to create two of those pages, as I mentioned, one for the blog and one for news. The website is underwaterbioaocustics.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so the steps i provided would display All your Post on that specific page. It become the defacto Blog Page.
    Then you can edit a post and give it a Category eg. News
    WordPress and GP will automatically generate an Archive for that Category eg. mysite/category/news

In Appearance > Menus you can add a Category Link for News.

You now have a Blog and News.

If you want to make sure that News posts don’t display in the Blog, the read this reply:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-custom-field-to-query-loop-for-post-summaries/#post-2203811

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.