[Resolved] "Could not create the elementary directory"Error message, what should I do?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] "Could not create the elementary directory"Error message, what should I do?

Home Forums Support "Could not create the elementary directory"Error message, what should I do?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    juantorrijos

I try to update the pluggin and it gives me an error message that in a site tells me “It was not possible to copy the file generatepress-es_EN.po” and in another it gives me the error message written in “Topic Tittle”.
    Please, what should I do?
    Is it dangerous not to update this?
    Greetings to all

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    juantorrijos

Hello, I’m not a Tom developer, I’m just a Spanish user who does not know what to do when GP is not updated.
    Please help!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Juan,

Localhost means that the site is built on your IP address.
    If so, basically there is a bug between windows and wordpress that GP cannot currently control.
    Therefore please follow the manual update procedure here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Leo is right – if the website is hosted on your computer, it’s a Windows/WordPress thing.

If it’s hosted on a server that you pay for, then it might be a permissions issue which you’ll have to ask your hosting to look at.

juantorrijos

Hello

I have done what I was advised and I have uninstalled GP premium and then I have tried to reinstall it and this is the error message that gives me (this in Spanish):

“Instalando plugin desde el archivo: gp-premium-1.2.92.zip
    Descomprimiendo…

No ha sido posible copiar el archivo. gp-premium/page-header/functions/metabox.php”

In English would be like this:

“Installing from the file: gp-premium-1.2.92.zip
    Unpacking …

Could not copy file. Gp-premium / page-header / functions / metabox.php ”

Thank you for your attention

Juan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like there’s a permission issue on your server. Call your hosting and ask them to make sure WordPress can change/add/remove files on your server.

juantorrijos

I will make the query and when they respond I will try to update again and I will comment on how I have gone
    It’s a shame that this happened to me, I was delighted with Generatepress and all its Elementor add-ons. I hope I can make this work
    Thanks and best regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should be a very easy fix, you/they’ll just need to adjust the permissions on the server so WordPress can upload a plugin.

Let me know what they say 🙂

juantorrijos

Hi. The problem is solved, everything works perfectly. I can not tell you how this has been fixed because I do not know, they never answered my question on my hosting server.
    Thank you very much for your help
    Happy New Year
    Juan Matias

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working now.

Happy New Year 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.