[Support request] Core Web Vitals Optimisation – Largest Contentful Paint & Cumulative Layout Shif

Home Forums Support [Support request] Core Web Vitals Optimisation – Largest Contentful Paint & Cumulative Layout Shif

Home Forums Support Core Web Vitals Optimisation – Largest Contentful Paint & Cumulative Layout Shif

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    agramatikov

Hi GeneratePress Support Team,

As you know, couple of days ago google stated that core web vitals will be a ranking factor. You can check it here: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/googles-core-web-vitals-ranking-signal/370719/

So i want to ask if you can give us suggestions on how to optimize Largest Contentful Paint.

Currently i am using latest version of generatepress with autoptimize (followed your instructions) and i have very good speed anyway (80 for mobile) and (97 for desktop) and my Cumulative Layout Shif is very good, its 0.023, but Largest Contentful Paint is 4.5 seconds on mobile.

If you can give us some suggestions or instructions on improving core web vitals and especially Largest Contentful Paint, because its with the lowest score on mobile.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the LCP on your home page is the hero section at the top of the page. And the main improvement would be to reduce the size of the image – it currently stands at 230kb.

Aside of that – not much more that can be done. Aside from wait a while until google actually has enough real world data to provide a more realistic report.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.