[Support request] Core Web Vitals LCP issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Core Web Vitals LCP issue

Home Forums Support Core Web Vitals LCP issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi,

I am not sure where to start with this. I have a message that LCP issue: longer than 2.5s for both mobile and desktop. This just popped up on 10/22. Before that, I was all clear.

I recently disabled the featured images on my site, but I am pretty sure that was around 10/27. I would think disabling the featured image would be an improvement.

Anyway. Is there anything I can share that might help? Or is this even anything to be concerned with?

It’s showing this issue for 84 of my 101 URLs

Here’s my site

https://paddleabout.com/

Thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Steve,

For the front page, consider compressing the served image. This can be done w/ an optimization plugin for images. Consider serving them through a CDN as well.

As for the rest, you’ll need a caching/optimization plugin to improve how your site serves the assets.

For starters, try to minify and merge CSS (and JS but this can sometimes break the site’s front end functionalities).

You then check for scripts that you can defer or lazy load like the YouTube embedded player.

Try preloading your fonts as well as it’s also getting flagged by Google PSI.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.