[Resolved] Copyright Values Are Not Saved With Child Theme Update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Copyright Values Are Not Saved With Child Theme Update

Home Forums Support Copyright Values Are Not Saved With Child Theme Update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sanjeev Mohindra

I have just purchased GeneratePress Pro and love the customization option available. I had to go through Child Theme route since I have DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT enabled, so can’t use Hooks Element. It also works fine and with WordPress 5, I can just update the version number of child theme and upload from the WordPress dashboard itself.

Everything works fine, Site logo, colors and other settings remain intact after updating the child theme but the Copyright setting becomes blank. Is there a way we can save the copyright setting also while updating the child theme?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have a link to the site where i can see the issue?

Sanjeev Mohindra

It only happens when I update the child theme, copyright text becomes default GeneratePress copyright text. I have saved the copyright text for now and set it again after updating the child theme.

You can check at https://metablogue.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you download the child theme from here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

If not can you try downloading a blank one from the URL and see if the issue still exist?

Sanjeev Mohindra

Yes, I used that as a starter theme and added my functions and CSS. I am only facing issue with Copyright settings, otherwise Logo, colors and other settings is preserved while updating the child theme.

Sanjeev Mohindra

For now, I have moved the copyright settings to function.php using filter. This way, that is preserved while updating the child theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good.

Let us know if you want to have another look at this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.