[Resolved] copyright infringement after site library download

Home Forums Support [Resolved] copyright infringement after site library download

Home Forums Support copyright infringement after site library download

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jim

I downloaded the HEALTH site library module. Someone named Mel Flowers filled out my submittal form accusing me of copyright infringement for some of her images. What do think? Here’s a copy of her message:
    BTW: her email address and embedded link is bogus.
    —————————————————
    Name
    Mel Flowers

Email

Comment or Message

Hello
    This is Melanka and I am a certified illustrator.
    I was baffled, mildly speaking, when I saw my images at your website. If you use a copyrighted image without an owner’s permission, you must be aware that you could be sued by the owner.
    It’s illegal to use stolen images and it’s so selfish!
    Take a look at this document with the links to my images you used at dev.cremation-sanantonio.com and my earlier publications to obtain the evidence of my ownership.
    Download it right now and check this out for yourself:
    If you don’t remove the images mentioned in the file above during the next several days, I’ll file a complaint against you to your hosting provider informing them that my copyrights have been severely infringed and I am trying to protect my intellectual property.
    And if it doesn’t work, you may be pretty damn sure I am going to take it to court! And I won’t give you a prior notice again.
    ———————————————————————————–

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We source our images from open source/GPL websites like Unsplash. It’s possible that an image has been wrongly uploaded there. If that’s the case, we would definitely want to know and it will be replaced.

The URL you provided seems to return a 404 error.

That being said, it’s always best to replace content (including) images after importing a site from the Library, that way your site won’t match other sites out there using the same images etc..

Please let us know the affected images and we’ll address it right away.

Thanks!

Jim

I’d like to help, but Mel Flowers did not provide any way to access her… bogus email and bogus link. Oh, well I guess I’ll wait for her to contact me again. BTW, my site dev.cremation-sanantonio.com is a test site under development. How do you think Mel even found this site?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good question. It could be spam.

We’re very careful with our images, but anyone can upload images to those services (Unsplash), so it’s important to stay on top of it if a bad image makes its way through.

Mike

Jim,

That is a scam that’s been going around for years that tries to extort money out of people. They all start off…

This is (name) and I am a certified illustrator. I was baffled, mildly speaking,…

Don’t click the links and ignore them.

Jim

Good to know… it kind of smelled like that, especially since her email and embedded link were bogus.
    Thank you,
    Jim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.