[Resolved] Copying and Pasting issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Copying and Pasting issue

Home Forums Support Copying and Pasting issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi everyone,

I am working on a site and have a few sites that have the same layout structure.
    I tried copying and pasting (found this out from Mike Oliver’s video) the whole page.
    And it works OK, but the site I copied to has gaps above and below the single container on the page.
    Everything looks identical, but I’m stumped why the new page has these gaps
    Detail below
    TIA Dave

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you check for any Layout Element that sets “Full-width (no padding)” on its content tab?

I’ve checked the 2 pages and the first one seems to be affected by a Layout Element while the 2nd one isn’t.

The first one has its padding removed from “Full-width (no padding)” setting on a Layout Element while the 2nd one doesn’t, so it keeps the content padding added from the customizer. (Appearance > Customize > Layout > Containter “Content Padding” )

David

Thanks Elvin,

That all makes sense, but unfortunately I see no Layout Elements that have settings like that (link to image included!)
    For now I have adjusted the padding in the customizer so I can move on, but any other thoughts appreciated?
    Thanks, Dave

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah, it may be the Layout Metabox then.

Can you check both budget-planner/ and loan-repayment-calculator/ pages for their Layout Metabox Content Container value? They don’t seem to have the same setting. budget-planner/ page most likely is set to “Full-width” and loan-repayment-calculator/ is most likely set to “default”.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQuJYXp4

More about Layout Metabox here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-metabox-overview/

David

Hi Elvin,
    Thanks, that nailed it!
    Well done…

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted. No problem. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.