[Support request] Copying a page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Copying a page

Home Forums Support Copying a page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie

Hi – I wanted to use elements from one page on another, so I copied & pasted the entire page. There are a few issues that I can’t seem to fix.
    The page title shows up even though I disabled it.
    Then too much white space.
    The next 2 elements are not full width.

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Bonnie,

For reference and so we can take a closer look at what’s happening, can you provide admin login credentials?

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Bonnie

Sorry about that. I was able to expand to full width but the page title is still showing even though it’s disabled.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Yes please, so we can see what’s going on.

Bonnie

Sure, here you go. Thanks!

I love the four boxes under “Recent case studies & results” but I need 8 of them and I’m having trouble easily copying and pasting them to keep same format and same line/border. Any suggestions?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Bonnie,

To clarify, do you want to move “An outside professional opinion that…” section to the Block Element – Page Hero?

The “About Copy” text is coming from your Block Element. The default title is already disable, but in this Block Element, you have a Headline Block retrieving the title.

Let us know.

Bonnie

Hi Fernando,

Not quite. Easier to see on this page. I’d like to create 4 more boxes under “These are my focus areas” so 4 more areas with checkbox, header and paragraph. I tried to copy and paste but you’ll see the 4th one (Change Management) is indented left and not aligned like the one above it.

How do I turn off the Headline Block title?

Thank you!
    Bonnie

Fernando
    Customer Support

To disable the title, set Global Page Header to draft in Appearance > Elements.

With regards to the indentation, I think you copied a Container from the left column. Try copying and pasting the Container from the right.

The ones on the left have different padding values compared to the right ones.

Bonnie

I somehow got it to work by adding the “About Copy” page in the Exclude section of the Global Page Header. I’m not sure if that’s what you meant. It works though! Thank you!!

Still having issues copying the containers. Not sure how to paste it. I only see how to Duplicate it so instead I highlighted the entire container with all 4 boxes and duplicated it. I added the borders to the top/bottom where they were missing but the alignment still doesn’t work out evenly between the 2 copies of the containers. Any suggestions?
    See “About Copy” page.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Duplicating is okay.

When you duplicate a Container in this Grid, you’ll still need to alter the paddings because each Container has different padding values.

For instance see what I did here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/nOubOYyQ

Basically, after duplicating and moving a Container to the right location, I added top-padding still so it aligns properly.

It just comes down to the Container Padding when it comes to alignment.

Bonnie

Wow, this is so incredibly helpful. Thank you vey much! I will work on this tomorrow. Have a great night!

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Bonnie! Have a great night as well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.