[Support request] Cookies

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cookies

Home Forums Support Cookies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Markus

Hi there!

I am in Europe and want to make my simple personal homepage fully GDPR compliant. I actually don’t need any personal data from my visitors. I am not really trying to sell anything. So, basically, I would like to REMOVE EVERYTHING collecting personal data through my page.

Most importantly, I installed Google Analytics at some point (out of curiosity). I have now checked “Disable Hook” in wp_head (under appearance > GP hook), which seems to work fine. Is that ok or would it be preferable to delete the whole code? I am not planning on going back to Google Analytics (in fact, I have closed down my account with Google as well).

Perhaps, if you have a second, here is a list of all other plugins running on my page:

Advanced Custom Fields
    Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced)
    Code Prettify
    Disable XML-RPC Pingback
    GP Premium
    Scripts n Styles
    Stop Spam Comments
    TablePress
    TablePress Extension: Automatic URL conversion
    TablePress Extension: DataTables FixedHeader
    TablePress Extension: DataTables Sorting plugins
    TablePress Extension: Pagination Length Change “All” entry
    TablePress Extension: Responsive Tables

Do you know if any of them collects personal data? I suppose the GP Premium plugin (or anything else tied up in the GP Press theme) is not collecting any personal data from my visitors?

Thanks for the great theme, by the way! Still loving it 😀

Kind regards,
    Markus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you don’t require the Google Analytics scripts then it would be best to delete the Hook Element.

None of those plugins look like they would be collecting Cookies or other date, and neither does GP and GP Premium.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.