[Support request] Cookie banner

Home Forums Support [Support request] Cookie banner

Home Forums Support Cookie banner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laurens

Hey,
    I was wondering if it would be possible that you integrate a cookie banner as premium feature because it is more and more nessary to havbe it (EU, GDPR and California cookie law).
    I really like cookie consent from osano but I dont want a external script and unfortunately I struggle to integrate it by myself.
    So, a premium module with a cookie banner integration would be great 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the difficulty with cookie notices is the laws vary from country to country and are at risk of changing which means we would need to continue monitor these changes and make updates.

There are plenty of plugins on the WP repository to do this. If you would like to use Osano’s script then its quite simple.

In Osano – after you create your setup copy the code it generates.
    Then in Appearance > GeneratePress make sure you have the Elements module activated.
    Then in Appearance > Elements add New Hook.
    Paste your code into the content.
    Select the WP_Head hook from the Hook List.
    Go to the Display Rules Tab and set Location to: Entire Site
    Publish and that should be it.

Laurens

thank you for the quick reply.
    I understand the diffuclty with these cookie laws.

I understand to add the code but I struggle to intergrate the javascript from them into my own site. I want to host everything from my site and not fromy any external source.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So to do that you would need to install a Child Theme, within your child theme folder create a JS Folder and save their JS file in their.

Then this line for example:
    <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/cookieconsent@3/build/cookieconsent.min.js"></script>

You would change the URL to point to your JS folder.

Gerald

Hello,

I have a problem with real cookie banner. If using it with youtube, vimeo or spotify, there will be a white gap on the body after declaring okay to the cookies, which youtube, vimeo or spotify use.

For example on this link:

https://music-on-net.de/arcade-fire-we-2022-album-kurzkritik/

Can you please help?

Best regards

Gerald

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can’t see the issue on your site, can you share a screenshot of the problem ?

Gerald

Hi David, problem solved. I’m using wp optimize. Lazy loading of iframes etc. was activated. Hope it will work now after deactivating. Thank you! Best regards Gerald

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.