[Support request] Converting elements to new theme “blocks”

Home Forums Support [Support request] Converting elements to new theme “blocks”

Home Forums Support Converting elements to new theme “blocks”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dax

Hi,

I have an old site that was using the old version of GP and I just updated it to the new version.

Posts are working fine with the new blocks etc but when I go to elements it’s still using the old version?

Do you know how I can update it too?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Dax,

To clarify, are you referring to updating the GP theme? If yes, you’ll need to update GeneratePress Premium as well in Plugins > Installed Plugins.

Kindly let us know.

Dax

Hi,

It says “receiving premium updates”, so I believe that everything should be working as normal?

Like I say posts are fine, it’s just the elements…

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dax,

I’m not sure what you mean by the elements using the old version, can you explain a bit more?

Dax

So I use generatepress premium with multiple sites….

I’ve updated both but when trying to create a new element (block – page hero) on one of them the backend is still the “old version” where you add the code manually etc….

I want it to be like the other site where the editor for the elements is using the new system where the editing is in real time and with blocks etc.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

to create a new element (block – page hero) on one of them the backend is still the “old version” where you add the code manually etc….

Do you have the classic editor plugin enabled? If so, you’ll have to deactivate it in order to use the block element.

Dax

I already did and just deleted it to make extra sure…still not resolved…

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. To have a better understanding of the issue, is it possible for you to share temporary login credentials?

You may use the private information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dax

Hi, please see attached.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I logged in and tried to create a new block element, but I didn’t seem to have any issue with that:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/JTQIit3rlLCQ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.