[Resolved] Converting a Gutenberg Site From the Site Library to Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Converting a Gutenberg Site From the Site Library to Elementor

Home Forums Support Converting a Gutenberg Site From the Site Library to Elementor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hello,

I am using the “Classic” site from the site library and am thinking about adding Elementor as the page builder. Wondering what any pros or cons are to doing this. If there are no significant cons, is there a specific process to do this?

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Nothing specific really. Just the normal pros (easier to make a site for some people) and cons (slows the speed down a bit) of using a page builder.

No specific process either – it would be the process of using a page builder on a new install.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Richard

That does help.

Since this is not a new install (a simple site with 5 pages of basic content) and a few color and typography changes made in Appearance > Customize, are there any settings I should change before or after adding Elementor?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are there any issues to be aware of with adding Elementor to an already existing site?

Nope – when you activate Elementor, it should wipe the content clean (except the blog/archive pages) so you can restart using Elementor.

David provided some useful tips here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/guidelines-to-use-elementor-with-generatepress/#post-870937

Richard

Thank you so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.