[Support request] Content Template for custom post type archive – missing post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Content Template for custom post type archive – missing post

Home Forums Support Content Template for custom post type archive – missing post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brenden

I am using a content template for a custom post type archive – https://hcrebuild.wpengine.com/enrollment/

The problem is that the latest post is not displayed, but only when using the content template.
    – If I add another post, the new post does not show up, but the one that was missing is now visible.
    – If I remove the content template from the archive, there are no missing posts.

Can you help me out?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Brenden,

That sounds weird, can you try disable all other plugins except GP Premium/Generateblocks and the plugin you need for the custom post type?

If you can provide access to the admin using the private info field, we can have a look at the backend.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Brenden

I deactivated all of the plugins except for plugin making custom post types and I am still seeing the same issue.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try switch to parent theme to test?

Brenden

I switched to the parent theme and I am seeing the same the same issue. I provided admin access, feel free to take a look around.

Brenden

I moved the site to a different url so we can test without impeding development. The same login will work. Here is the new url – https://mihcdev.wpengine.com/

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you Brenden, we can’t locate the cause of the issue currently.

Will do more testing on the new link πŸ™‚

Brenden

Thank you!

Brenden

I created a new post type (Test Posts). I attempted to apply the content template to the the new Post Type archive when I saw that you are editing that element so I was not able to test. However, I did see that you were able to get the post to show up on the original archive. I will await your response

Brenden

After seeing that you were able to get it working by rebuilding the element, I rebuilt the element from scratch and it is working as expected. Originally, I had used one of the provided templates and modified it. It was actually a post navigation template that I copied and pasted into this content template. Something in that template seemed to have caused the hickup. Thank you for your help in troubleshooting.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Great! Glad you figured it out πŸ™‚

I rebuilt the block and it worked, but I was not able to see where the issue coming from.

After your explanation I got it.

Glad it’s working now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.