[Resolved] Content (no sidebars) working correctly?

Home Forums Support Content (no sidebars) working correctly?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fredrik

My problems is that, when using the Content (no sidebars) layout, the content extends 100% of the screen.
    I have not activated “full width content”, yet it covers the entire viewport of the browser.

Shouldn’t the Content layout only cover 100% of the container, i.e 1100px standard?

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: This happens on pages, not posts.
    EDIT: Problem pinpointed, next reply.

GeneratePress 1.3.44
    GP Premium 1.2.94
    Fredrik

An update to this problem.

I have found that, when activating Beaver Builder, the container becomes 100%. Disabeling the page builder for that page makes it return to normal again.

I did never activate full width for that page, yet the page becomes 100%.
    I’ll test another page builder just to see if it acts weird there too.

EDIT: Testing with Elementor works. The same problem occurs on Beaver Builder Pro and lite. So I can only assume there is an conflict between Beaver Builder and GeneratePress. Would be awesome if it could be solved. Just bought GP and I only use BB page builder

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Fredrik,

This post should explain it all with a solution: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/beaver-builder-overides-container-width/#post-195388

Let me know if this helps.

Fredrik

Thanks Leo.
    Yes it “solves” the problem, but not really. In some cases I’d love to have a full-width page, while some pages stay at standard width. Doing this adds more to the mix and just causes hassle for the future.

As I understand it, this behaviour is intended for BB? Because the behaviour isn’t really working well.

The “full width” option is there, so I see reason for GP to behave like this for BB, if it IS intended.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This behavior was implemented well before the Full Width Content option, which is the issue here.

If I remove the CSS now, then people who are depending on the CSS will have contained pages when they update. That’s no good.

So, you can do this:

.fl-builder.no-sidebar:not(.full-width-content) .container.grid-container {
        max-width: 1280px;
    }

This will make it so you can use the full width content option to make pages full width, otherwise they’ll be contained.

Fredrik

Thanks Tom!

Yeah I can see the issue then. Your solution worked great.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.