[Resolved] Content (No Sidebars) wont work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content (No Sidebars) wont work

Home Forums Support Content (No Sidebars) wont work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dominik Günder

Hey there,

i just tried to change the setting “Sidebar layout” for a page to “Content (no sidebars) for having a single column effect. Unfortunately it keeps jumping back to “Global layout settings” each time i change this setting.

For my posts it works nicely – but not for pages.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is happening when editing a specific page and using the “Page Layout” metabox?

You select an option, publish and it jumps back to global?

A couple things could be causing this:

1. A plugin you have installed is creating a conflict with the option (unlikely).
    2. The page template for the page you’re saving is set to a template that doesn’t exist.

To test #2, try creating a new page and selecting the option. If it works, then it’s the page template issue.

This could happen if you have a theme installed before GeneratePress and had a page template set. Then you switched to GeneratePress, and the page template no longer exists.

Let me know what you find out 🙂
    Tom

Dominik Günder

Wow awesome. I recreated the page. Now it works just fine.

I had another template before with one column option created by artisteer and then switched to your engine because it’s faster and more clean.

Thank you alot! It already payed out to support you by buying the plugin package. 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Excellent! Happy to help 🙂

Tom

Chris Parnell

I have a similar situation wherein I used FG Joomla to WordPress to import pages as posts. However, when I go through the posts to clean them up and I select “Content (no sidebars)”, I am getting both left and right sidebars on all the content pages I do the cleanup on.

I have disabled the FG Joomla to WordPress and created several new posts. The two sidebars still come.

Any assistance appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Chris,

There’s a known bug with posts and specific post layouts which has been fixed in the upcoming version of GP.

Of course, you can go to the customizer and choose no sidebars as your default post layout until this fix has been released.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom

Chris Parnell

Thanks, Tom,

I will change the default post settings, then.

Thanks very much for the prompt reply!

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.