[Support request] Content is too wide and adds an horizontal scroll bar

Home Forums Support [Support request] Content is too wide and adds an horizontal scroll bar

Home Forums Support Content is too wide and adds an horizontal scroll bar

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gonzalo

Hi,

The below page for example:

https://svpremier.com/downtown-san-diego/district/columbia/condos/pacific-gate/

The page adds an horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the page, so the frame / body seems to wide. There is a white space on the right of the page although no content is sticking out.You can scroll right on the page and see that it goes wide but no content exceeds the dimensions. Can’t figure out how to fix it, can you please help me?

Thanks!
    Gonzalo

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Gonzalo

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply.

I tested and problem is with the plugin WP Bakery page builder, when I deactivate that plugin the issue goes away so generate press theme might not be compatible with the WP Bakery plugin?

Any help is much appreciated! Google is flagging me as having “content too wide” so hopefully it can be fixed.

Many thanks,
    Gonzalo

Gonzalo

Hi Leo,
    I also contacted WP Bakery Support and I below I copy what they said (in bold letters).

Before switching to Generate Press theme I was using Avada theme and the issue wasn’t happening with WP Bakery so I am pretty sure this is a conflict between generate press / gp premium theme and WP Bakery.

Hi,

It looks like a third party code is altering the output at your end. Please try deactivating all the plugins except WPBakery Page Builder and especially switching onto a default theme like twenty nineteen to check the same. You can then activate them one by one to find out the exact one causing the issue. Let us know if the issue still exists.
    ​
    Thank you,

Your ticket (#105953) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

WPBakery Team

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s a pretty standard response – the theme itself has zero control over your content being too wide or not.

The offending element is the “Pacific Gate Listings” area, as it has a fixed width set that is likely too wide. If you remove that element, you’ll see the issue will be fixed.

The best thing to do is find why this is happening in the first place, as it’s a bug with their plugin.

As a workaround/hack, you can add this CSS:

html, body {
        overflow-x: hidden;
    }

Hope this helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.