[Resolved] Content Heading/Body Typography Customisation Not Working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content Heading/Body Typography Customisation Not Working

Home Forums Support Content Heading/Body Typography Customisation Not Working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sean

Hi.
    I am trying to change the Headings’ (1,2,3) ‘font family’, ‘font weight’ and ‘font size’, but although I select different options nothing changes. Oddly the ‘text transform’ works as does changing the colour.

The same issue exists with Body Typography – font family, size, and weight do not work but ‘text transform’ and changing the colour does?

I’ve tried this under different browsers – I am also using a ‘child’ of ‘GeneratePress’.

Any advice please? Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Make sure you’re using the latest version of both GeneratePress (1.3.40) and GP Premium (1.2.91).

sean

Updated – still not working. Slight difference in as much as the font size slider appears to work on the preview, but doesn’t show on the online version.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So when you save your changes and view the site, the change hasn’t been applied?

Is your value still saved when you re-enter the Customizer?

sean

Correct – I leave the customise window and the change has not been applied to the live site. On return the new settings are still fixed on the left-hand side but the preview window shows the original and unchanged font/size.

I can make the font/size stick by using code within your ‘Simple CSS’ option.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the setting is saved, then it’s in the database – that’s good.

This means something is stopping it from being read on the live site.

It could be:

a) A caching plugin you have activated
    b) This issue: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/child-theme-working/

sean

Thanks Tom! – b) was the issue – removed the line and it is now working perfectly! Appreciate the help and the quality of the plugin – great stuff.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan

I’m available on having the same problem. I have the latest version installed. I do not have any caching plugins. I also am not using a child theme. Any other options?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you raise a new topic where you can share a link to your site using the Site URL Field – then we can take a look at what the issue is.

Susan

I figured it out. It was an Elementor issue. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got it resolved ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.