[Resolved] Content Container option disabled in Block Editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content Container option disabled in Block Editor

Home Forums Support Content Container option disabled in Block Editor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alok Sharma

Hello,

When creating/editing a post using Block editor, the Content Container option in the right sidebar under Layout is disabled while other options are enabled.

However, when creating/editing a post using Classic editor, the Content Container option is very much enabled.

Depending on the type of post I am creating, I want to use either full-width or contained layout.

Irrespective if I am creating a post using full-width or contained layout, I have created the content template using full-width layout so that it can display both type of posts using either full-width or contained layout.

Any clues what could be wrong?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If the option is disabled, it means there’s a Layout Element (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/) enabled on that page which is disabling it already.

If you want to control it per-page, you need to disable that Layout Element.

Alok Sharma

Hi Tom,

You are correct. I had created a full-width Layout Element and applied it to the entire site.

I disabled that Layout Element and now the layout widths are working like a charm.

Thank you so much.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.