[Resolved] Content area v before footer hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content area v before footer hook

Home Forums Support Content area v before footer hook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi,

I need to use cards in a full width container to link from one page to other relevant pages within a site. The cards will display after the main text content for the page.

I also won’t be using a sidebar, so I can either:

Create a content layout and hook the cards into the before footer area using the default page container, or use a full width page and create one container for text, and a second container for the cards.

The first option of using the before footer hook is simpler, my question is if there are any negatives to that approach given the cards are part of the ‘content’ for each page? I’m thinking ahead to when the site is handed over and pages might need to be edited in the future.

Thanks,
    Paul.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The hook method works best IF you want that SAME ‘card content’ to be displayed across multiple pages and posts.
    If its not and the user may need to edit them on a page by page basis then add them to the post content.

Paul

Hi David,

That’s perfect – cards will be display on fixed number of less than 10 pages and won’t need editing, so I’ll use the hook.

Thanks,
    Paul.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.