[Resolved] containers within grid

Home Forums Support [Resolved] containers within grid

Home Forums Support containers within grid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pauline

Hello

I was thinking to put a container in each grid section. I was wondering if this is advisable (or should a container be used just as a “section”).

Thanks
    Pauline

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to GenerateBlocks?

If so a container block is added automatically in each grid wrapper.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Pauline

That’s great! Yes, I’m trying to use the Generate Blocks whenever I can, and these container blocks make life so much easier where positioning is concerned.

I used a GP container block for my homepage hero, but can you enlighten me as to whether there is an advantage to using GP elements for this purpose? I find the GP containers much more intuitive to use.

Thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Block Element is great if you have some static content that you want to be displayed in the same place across different places of your site.

The Header Element does the same thing, except it is limited to one position ( without code ) which is below the Site Header. Its advantages is it has dynamic content, so you can create a single header element for all of your posts for example, and it will display the individual posts featuered image, title, meta etc.

We’ll be updating GB and the Block Element in the future to also support Dynamic Content.

So the overall advantage of Elements is you can create and edit content in one place and have it displayed in many places.

For today, what you’re doing is perfectly fine πŸ™‚

Pauline

Thanks so much David. I’ll stick to the containers for now, until I get a bit more savvy with it all πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.