[Resolved] Container works in backend and preview, does not show up properly on live site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Container works in backend and preview, does not show up properly on live site

Home Forums Support Container works in backend and preview, does not show up properly on live site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Heather

Everything was working great, then I edited a reusable block.

Removed the jpg, replaced with svg. It did not show up as desired, so removed svg and put jpg back.

And then that reusable block never worked correctly again. Weird.

I tried created a new container from scratch that looked the same but never used svg, but no matter what I try the background image does not show up properly, the grid is off, and generally feels like nothing works to fix the situation.

Strangely, everything looks great in the backend, and also in preview.

I’ve cleared caches, uninstalled plugins, cleared cookies, and nothing seems to work. The weirdest thing is no matter what I try I can’t get a new container to work and look good.

Help

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is there a specific section I should be looking at?

Can you disable site ground optimizer first?

Heather

Yes, on the home page and about page, the last container right before the footer.

Should have a full width image background, microphone icon/headline/button on the left and podcast cover art on the right (700×700).

It sometimes loads properly now, and sometimes doesn’t. I’ve tested on a few devices with the same intermittent results.

I’ve now disabled siteground optimizer. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This is what I’m seeing:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/k9vPYW7Yh

Looks like it’s loading correctly?

Refreshed the page a few times and seeing the same result as well.

Heather

Yes, everything seems to be working now. Which is great…and confusing because it isn’t clear what the problem was. Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Could be SG optimizer.

Heather

Yes, it appears to have been the “Remove Query Strings From Static Resources” setting in Siteground Optimizer, which had never before created an issue. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.