[Resolved] Container Width: 811px

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Container Width: 811px

Home Forums Support Container Width: 811px

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christian Zumbrunnen

I know it’s silly in todays world, but I’m trying to recreate an existing typo3 theme…

And there the container width is 811px. The slider is moving in 5px steps. Would it be possible to have it set to 811px?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can add your own custom CSS.

body .grid-container {
          max-width: 811px;
    }
    Christian Zumbrunnen

Yeah, but the options will generate an inline style, right?

So those “win” or I’m I wrong?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nope, the styles aren’t inline 🙂

If you add the CSS to your child theme or using the plugin in my signature, it will “win” over the other ones.

Christian Zumbrunnen

oops, I was in the wrong child theme…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Got it all working? 🙂

Christian Zumbrunnen

Yes it’s all working fine.
    I’m just curious and don’t quiet understand.

You know, if I’m customizing “Element Spacing” for example, it will change the inline style. Also the “Container Width” does in fact create an inline style but it’s overwritten by the stylesheet as I interpret it from the “Inspect Element” view in Firefox.

inspector view

I’m just trying out how to customize the best way. About half a year ago I added background image support for header for the theme customizer. I didn’t realize this is already available via Plugin (or maybe it even wasn’t then). Well, I learned something even if I forgot most of it already.

Can you confirm that I understand it right:
    Theme Options via customizer get saved in the wp_options table.
    If I change theme and/or delete the GP Premium plugin the customizing values stay in the table but can’t be edited anymore. Changing back will use the “old” customizations.
    Correct?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct. The options save to wp_options, and will stay there unless you delete them.

When you use a different theme, they will stay there in case you return to GP, but won’t be used anymore.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.