[Support request] Container Settings not Working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Container Settings not Working

Home Forums Support Container Settings not Working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Foresite Media

Hi – I’m having trouble getting the container settings to take effect on my site. I’ve deactivated my CDN, (I have no other caching plugins) and cleared my browser cache. I have set my container layout to -> One Container -> Text Alignment.

When I reduce the actual “Container Width” setting to 760, I can see the container changing size in the preview, which is what is expected. However, after publishing the new settings nothing changes on the site.

Reopening the Theme settings the Container Width is still set to 760 yet the preview now also displays the default (wider) width again. If I tweak the 760 setting again it responds to whatever the new setting is in the preview but in publishing the same happens.

It feels like it should be caching related, but I have flushed the cache (I use Nitopack) and have disabled the Nitropack plugin on the site, with no effect.

Any help will be appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your page where the i can see the issue?

Two possibilities that you can check:

1. A Layout Element is being use to control the width of the content, you will find them if they exist in Appearance > Elements:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

2. There is some CSS, which may have been added to the Customizer > Additional CSS if you installed a site from the GP Site Library

If its neither of them try disabling any cache plugins.

Foresite Media

Aaah! It was #1 above. Installed a demo site when I tested GP, and deleted the site again. I assumed it would remove any custom CSS as well, but it didn’t. Cleared the custom CSS out and that did it. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.