[Resolved] Container Padding issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Container Padding issue

Home Forums Support Container Padding issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Felicia

Hello, the container content padding buttons aren’t working properly. The left and right buttons move each side simultaneously instead of individually. For example, when trying to adjust the left padding,the right side moves with it.The top and bottom buttons don’t appear to adjust anything. The buttons aren’t linked. This problem is with the blocks and the customizer. I’m using the latest version of gp and gpp. No css. No customizations. Please help me figure this out. Thanks, Felicia.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Felicia

Well, it’s in coming soon mode. Although I’ve had wordpress & gp for a while, I’m just now trying to figure it out. I don’t know how to link you while in coming soon mode or give you credentials. I can disable the plugin for you. Will that work?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you reply you will see a Private Information field.
    In there you can provide the URL, User login and Password for an Admin user.
    Only GP Support can see the content of the private information.

We can then login just to see the front end of the site.

Felicia

Hi, what email address do I enter for your access?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Felicia

Hello, I tried to recreate the issue with left & right side moving at the same time, but that doesn’t seem to happen anymore. Instead, it moves individually but with every other click. And, some of the margins don’t seem to move. It’s probably just an operator error, but thank you for looking at it for me. I put the credentials in the private location below. I hope it works for you.

P.S. I’m working on the home page. All the other pages are empty.

Felicia

Oh, one more thing. I tried it with a background color and without.

Thank You.

Felicia

LOL, I think I forgot to give the website address. See below.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not exactly sure if I understand the issue here.

Are you referring to the GB container with an image in it on the home page?

The container padding option seems to work correctly to me:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/hySI4VnvJ

Let me know if I”m missing something here.

Felicia

Hello, I’m sorry if I’m confusing you. Maybe I’m just confused on how it’s supposed to work. I watched the screen cast & I see that the left & right padding is moving correctly and I see that the top is moving correctly, but I couldn’t see the bottom movement. I noticed that you held down the button to make it move quickly instead of one click at a time like I was doing. I would click once expecting it to move a little, but it would only move every other click. I was having the same issue with the margins too where it didn’t appear to adjust anything. The issue was also in the customizer for the container content padding, etc.

If you say the margin and the padding features for the image area are working fine in the block and the customizer, then I would just chalk it up to my lack of understanding and continue to learn how to work it.

Thank You!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

but I couldn’t see the bottom movement

Bottom padding doesn’t show any movements as the container height is increasing. You will see it with a background color.

I would click once expecting it to move a little, but it would only move every other click.

This should also work as well as shown in the pink container here:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Ovmp9zbS

Felicia

Ok, I see the single click works for you as well as the padding. I’ll assume the margins work for you too.

Thank you for checking things out for me. I really do appreciate your quick response and help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

If for some reason you are seeing something different, maybe try disabling all plugins to test.

Let me know if need another look.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.