[Support request] Contact Form 7 – Date picker

Home Forums Support [Support request] Contact Form 7 – Date picker

Home Forums Support Contact Form 7 – Date picker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

Hi I ‘m trying to fix the issue from contact form 7 so my date picker can be shown in other web browsers rather than only chrome, I read that I have to add the following code: add_filter( ‘wpcf7_support_html5’, ‘__return_false’ ); to my functions .php file, but I see you mention in that file that I don’t have tomodify it: /public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/functions.php, so I just want to know where do I put the add_filter( ‘wpcf7_support_html5’, ‘__return_false’ ) in my generate press theme. Please help me, I even downloaded the Code Snippets plugin, but I get an error message.

The link where I got the code was from the FAQ web page from Contact Form 7: https://contactform7.com/faq/does-contact-form-7-support-html5-input-types/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Code Snippet plugin is definitely the way to go.

What errors are you getting?

I would make sure you are using the correct '': add_filter( 'wpcf7_support_html5', '__return_false' );

If that doesn’t help you might need to check with their support.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Samuel

Go to this link https://www.lugaresturisticosdeveracruz.com/contacto/ in Exporer, and try to choose a date in the “Fecha de llegada” field, it is not showing up anything. Do you think that if I paste the code directly to my public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/functions.php would that mess up my site?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s currently showing up as text field.

Definitely not a good idea to add to the theme’s core function.php as it would be erased during the update.

Unfortunately I’m not very familiar with Contact Form 7 and what that code is supposed to do.
    I do know that the Code Snippets way should work ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you tried contacting their support?

They should be able to point you to the right direction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.