[Support request] Conflict with GP Premium & Elementor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Conflict with GP Premium & Elementor

Home Forums Support Conflict with GP Premium & Elementor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Joshua

Hi,
    After your last update and Elementors last update fixed backgrounds are broken.

I attempted to address this issue with elementor and they provided the following response:
    Elementor <support@elementor.com>
    Attachments6:00 PM (3 hours ago)
    to me
    Aljon replied
    Jun 5, 1:00
    Hi Joshua,

Thank you for contacting us.

Upon inspecting your site, I am seeing an error that is related to your plugin GP-Premium.
    Kindly check my attachment. I’m afraid that this might be the one causing this issue.

You can temporarily disable this plugin and see if this fixes your concern or you can report this to the plugin author.

Best Regards,

Aljon from Elementor
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

What is happening is that a background set to fixed will not display. this happens across the 4 sites I manage. Please fix.

Need an example? I cloned my commercial real estate page with the error here:
    http://llinvestmentpartners.com/under-construction-2/
    If you scroll down the page you’ll see a section that is gray, once the section boarder hits the top of most browsers it displays, but not before. This is not how it should be. This was not a problem with the last version, it is a new bug.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joshua, can you go to the Customiser > General – is Smooth Scroll checked? If so deselect this.

Joshua

It was, but unchecking it does not fix the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the smooth scroll error in the console has now gone. This says the issue is not related to GP. It’s quite common that Elementor support pass the blame to the theme. I would suggest you raise the topic with them again as i cannot see what GP would do to cause this problem.

before doing so – try clearing caches and rebuilding the CSS in the Elementor > Settings to see if the problem has gone.

Let me know

Joshua

Those options did not work. I will contact elementor now

Joshua

Hello,
    I have done some exhausting work with Elementor, including giving access to my Site and they provided the following:

Aljon replied
    Jun 6, 5:14
    Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your reply.

I’m afraid the error on the console is really related to GP-Premium plugin and we’re not blaming them for the error.
    We are just informing you on what we are seeing on the console error.

Best Regards,

Aljon from Elementor
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
    Join the conversation & learn from our Elementor Community.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which section should I be looking at here? I just scrolled through the page and didn’t notice any issues.

Joshua

between principals and the collage, there is a large blank area, that spot has a picture set as fixed in the background. The image shows up once that section hits the top of the browser, but not before.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

On a clear cache and if i throttle my network it takes a while to load. The images on the site could do with optimizing, that would help a lot. That page is 15meg with 190 requests.
    The other thing is the animations on the section above the image could also be render blocking the image.

Joshua

I have done that, it did not fix the problem. Simply put, any time I place an image in the background and click fixed, it disappears. The image that doesn’t do that on the page (arial shot from my drone) will, if I unselect and reselect fixed. I would just rebuild the section if that worked, but the problem is with every image if its a background, and fixed. I can slim down the images, but if its image size causing the problem then that suggests a memory leak, not a conflict as described by the elementor staff.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately it is Elementors standard fall back position to say its a conflict. But GP doesn’t have any render blocking scripts that could cause the problem. I would suggest getting the site optimized and then test removing the animations from the page. To see if it improves. But i have tested this across three browsers and the image loads on all of them.

Joshua

yes, it loads, but only when the section reaches the top of the browser. Tested on 5 machines, across 5 browsers on each machine. It should load when the page loads. And for the 3rd time, this wasn’t a problem before your last update. “optimize your images, and decrease your animations” isn’t a solution, it is a scapegoat. You’re telling me you don’t know why the only recommended elementor theme is having a conflict and using weak excuses for the errors your platform is generating is because my images aren’t optimized or I’m using too many animations??? Im really glad I handed you $250, to be told you have no idea whats wrong and that its my fault your theme is generating errors.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Joshua,

Here’s what I’m seeing: https://www.screencast.com/t/ONxwkGdHB9y

Any chance you can show me what you’re seeing?

This is a tough issue to debug, as GeneratePress doesn’t actually control the content. However, we’re more than happy to continue working with you on it until we can find a fix.

Of course, I need to be able to recreate the issue in order to fix it. A video or screenshot would really help me do that.

I’m not too sure where you’re getting $250 from? GP Premium is $39.95.

Let me know – I’m happy to help you fix this.

Joshua

Im sorry, I got my plugins confused (aka, 39 vs 250), I design for a large number of clients, and this one specifically is high dollar, hence my urgency to resolve this issue. However, I don’t run flash for various security reasons so I cannot see that video. I will grab a couple of videos tomorrow and send it along. I will capture both of the back end where the image vanishes when selecting fixed, as well as how the images behave on the front end.
    Thank you again for the help.
    Josh

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem. If you’re using Chrome, there should be a little popup in the corner that asks you if you’d like to run flash on that page only.

I can record a video in another program if you’d like though.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.