[Support request] Conflict with Elementor in 'Blog' and 'Archive' Pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Conflict with Elementor in 'Blog' and 'Archive' Pages

Home Forums Support Conflict with Elementor in 'Blog' and 'Archive' Pages

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

in priciple this works.
    but it extends the whole content to full width, which is not wanted and isnt looking good on wide screens. in short: the content exeeds the set inner width (logically).

but thats not the real question as far as i am concerned… the real question still is: why does it work as expected on all pages including single post but not for any archives???

have you received the credentials? if so – feel free to test yourself in every which way, whatever you want to πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s working on other pages because the element is set to stretch within Elementor. That functionality is broken on archive pages for some reason.

That being said, since you’re building the element in Elementor, the inner container width should also be built into the Elementor section.

So the GP element should be full width, and then actual element you built with Elementor should have an inner container.

That way you don’t need to use javascript to force full width, which is hacky.

dasigna

dear tom,

yeah – the functionality with elementor js stretched section is broken for some reason on archive…
    that said i thought about your approach again as it was my initial too, an the use of js being hacky is quite obvious (at least in this case).

the only downside setting the footer to full width in gp is was that with the use of your native copyright footer and setting it to align left this pushed the copy to the outside of the content container.

but as the footer works with this approach even for archives (elementor sets container, gp full width) this has been ditched off and copyright is set back to center.
    although the client isnt completely happy with, i think he has to live with it for now πŸ™‚

so problem is considered solved for now from my side. rest may be up to elementor.

thanks tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can always target the copyright separately and give it a width πŸ™‚

Fernando

Hey guys
    About the solution proposed by Tom here it does not work for me.
    Evidently there is a conflict between GP and Elementor when you set up full widh elements in footer area in blog and archive pages.
    I also tried to put a full width section in the footer using two methods: GP hooks and ‘Header Footer Elementor’ plugin but I get same results. For Tom’s peace :P, this issue happens as well in others similar theme as Astra or OceanWP, therefore I’ll report this to Elementor support again.
    We hope they can be able to solve it.
    Thanks all

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.