[Resolved] Conflict between GP elements and WishList Member plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Conflict between GP elements and WishList Member plugin

Home Forums Support Conflict between GP elements and WishList Member plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Hello,

GeneratePress is a fantastic theme, but sometimes we like to use certain plugins to create new functionalities. On my case, I will talk about a membership plugin, named WishList Member bought from AppSumo.
    The issue I encounter is when I try to use GeneratePress Elements and WishList Member plugin is activated, I can not choose an option from the “Display Rules” tab, because when moving the mouse cursor over options, they are permanently blinking and I have no chance to choose one.
    The only thing I can do is to disable WishList Member plugin, create any element I want, and after to activate again WishList Member plugin, which is not the ideal workflow.
    I made a video recording, please see what I mean.
    The same message I sent to the WishList Member plugin developer, maybe there is a chance to find and solve this bug.
    Regards,
    Marcel

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It sounds like WishList might be loading some javascript on the page that’s conflicting with our javascript.

Is there any WishList Member functionality available when creating an Element?

Marcel

There is no WishList Member functionality available when creating an Element. I mean the Element content has nothing to do with WishList Member.
    The only thing I see is the WishList Member options appear at the bottom of the Element page. See the image.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case, it would be best if they were to only load their scripts where necessary (when their functionality is needed).

It sounds like it’s loading right now even though it’s not necessary.

Marcel

Thank you, Tom!

I got in touch again with WishList Member plugin developers, and I am waiting for their answer. I have created a demo website, to reproduce better the conflict and I sent them the credentials.
    For sure, the solution would be to deregister the WishList Member’s javascript on the wp-admin/ Appearance/ Elements/ if it’s possible.
    I will come back here with their solution.
    Thank you again.

All the best,
    Marcel

Marcel

The developers of WishList Member have resolved the incompatibility with GP and will soon launch a new version of the plugin. In the meantime, they offered me a pre-release version to test again. Everything is OK.
    Thank you, Tom, for the support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.