[Resolved] Configuring a Redirect if someone stealing the link content from my blog post.

Home Forums Support Configuring a Redirect if someone stealing the link content from my blog post.

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Immi

Hi.

Please note that this query is not very familiar to the forum so please take it as a seeking advice.

I am owning an Apk downloading website, and I upload the Apk files to BunnyCDN storage so that my users can download it quickly.

But there’s a problem that my competitors copy the download link of the files from my website posts and add it on their blog post, so is there any way If the download URL is not click from my site, it should redirect to the blog post page.

To solve it, I was researching some of my competitor’s websites who have solved this problem.

If someone copied/stealing the link from the Download button and paste it into their blog post page, then it redirects to the website’s blog post instead of directly downloading or a 403 Forbidden response.

So can I do this same as I showed you above, and please tell me whether it’s possible to do the same with WP site or not?

If yes then what all changes will I require to do in my theme to obtain the result.

I know it’s out of scope for your support but I am unable to find this type redirection on the web and found that many of my competitors website which does this uses the GP theme. So I posted my requirement here, might you can help.

Thanks, Regards Immi

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Immi

Sir, I have already enabled the hotlinking.

I want to redirect the URL of anyone address it on their site as similar as my competitors does. One of my competitors URL is already given on the previous message.

So please check and see if you can help me.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You would need to change your servers redirection rules. Your host should be able to assist with redirected returned hotlink 301s ( or whatever other code it generates ).

Immi

Thank You

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.