[Support request] Compatibility with WP Subtitles?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Compatibility with WP Subtitles?

Home Forums Support Compatibility with WP Subtitles?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by dale.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dale

Hello. I installed the WP Subtitles plugin on my site. As a default, subtitles are supposed to appear on posts and in post archives, but they’re not. So I’m wondering if any of these situations apply to the GP theme (text from WP Subtitles documentation):

Subtitles Doesn’t Work!
    There are two primary issues that may cause users to think that Subtitles doesn’t work: 1) no subtitles show on the site or 2) weird HTML begins to appear around titles on a site. I will address both of those here.

Subtitles Don’t Show Up On My Site!
    Subtitles relies on two things to work properly: 1) the_title being present in your theme and 2) the WordPress Loop. This plugin works by automatically filtering all appropriate post titles so that you are not put in the position of needing to open your theme files manually and using the custom template tags that are available in this plugin.

Some themes use titles outside of the standard WordPress Loop, which means that Subtitles won’t touch those. If you would like to use subtitles in a non-standard area of your site, outside of the Loop, then you can either change the views that are supported by the plugin or manually use the template tags that are available to you in this plugin.

The reason this approach has been taken is because if titles outside of the Loop were touched so liberally, you would end up seeing subtitles in places on your site that you wouldn’t want them, like in sidebars, navigation menus, and admin screens.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that shouldn’t apply to GeneratePress, as the_title() is present within the loop: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.0.2/content.php#L34

dale

Thanks. I’ll let them know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.