[Support request] Comments

Home Forums Support [Support request] Comments

Home Forums Support Comments

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Milt

I’ve even try using the standard module to create a post and still have the problem.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Since the problem was there when you tested with a twenty series theme, that’s suggesting that it’s a WordPress related issue (not GP or BB).

Can you send me the dashboard access and I’ll have a look?

You can send the dashboard access using Account Issue here:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please include the following information:
    – The URL of this topic.
    – Login URL.
    – Username and password.

Milt

I believe the problem is with WordPress. Here is what I’ve done. I’ve created a post and specify to allow comments. I then save a draft and preview it which doesn’t show the comment box. I then go back into the quick edit mode and change something like the category which I then update. Then when I go to view the post the comments show up. I guess I probably need to reinstall WordPress.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe a post needs to be actually published (not draft) before the comments would show?

Milt

I’m not sure what has happen previously with comments that is if they didn’t show up until I published them. I have some previous post that are check to include discussion but when I view the post the comment form doesn’t show up. What I was able to do today was to create a post in using the standard editor and publish it privately. Then the comment form appears. I could then go into Beaver Builder to create the post and the comment form appears. This hasn’t been something I’ve had to do previously. I don’t know if this is change to WordPress. Only thing I don’t know how to fix is the previous post that are select to include comments but yet the form doesn’t show up. Say comments are turned off.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Only thing I don’t know how to fix is the previous post that are select to include comments but yet the form doesn’t show up. Say comments are turned off.

Which posts are you referring to? I’m not 100% sure I can fix it but will certainly give it a go.

Milt

Pretty much any blog post after the Ride It in the Project Gallery. I’ve tried a couple of things but nothing seems to work. Only the first three in the Project Gallery have a place for comments.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I checked a post that’s not working and Allow Comments is not checked:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/o8vCiRHT

Milt

I changed it to allow comments. Still doesn’t work

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That page is also using BB so you might need to check with their support.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.