[Resolved] Comment Fields empty in MS Edge-Browser

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Comment Fields empty in MS Edge-Browser

Home Forums Support Comment Fields empty in MS Edge-Browser

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hello

The comment-fields are empty in the new Microsoft Edge-Browser.

Empty Comment-Fiels in MS Edge-Browser

Perhaps a Problem with Edge-Browser and anyone with the same Problem? With IE11 or on Chrome for Android the comment-fields are shown with description.
    Example: http://www.wicom-info.ch/nag-home-of-new-hopes/

Regards
    Chris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – it’s just using HTML5 placeholders.

I’ll look into see if there’s something special in Edge that needs to be done.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is an interesting issue.

When I have a GP installation by itself, I don’t have this issue in Edge. Can you try taking a look at the fields on this page in your Edge browser?: http://speedtest.generatepress.com/?p=1

Our demo also has GP Premium fully activated, and everything seems fine: http://demo.generatepress.com/2012/12/06/post-format-image-caption/#respond

Let me know what you see πŸ™‚

Chris

Hi Tom

It works fine on your sites mentioned. I also built a test-page with the GP Theme and Prem installed – no Problem. Sorry for not to trying this by myself.

So I have a Problem with my existing site. Strange the behaviour that if the browser-window is the smallest it can be, the descriptions are there.

I will rebuild the site, because I have no idea where to start to fix the Problem.

Thanks for your Support
    Chris

Chris

Hi Tom

I testet a bit and found out, that I have the issue with the empty fields when using the Mantle-Theme:
    Mantle-Theme
    When using the GP-Theme it works:
    GP-Theme

What does look my testpage when you open it with your Edge-Browser?

However switching to GP-Theme on my existing site doesn’t help. Perhaps too much changed because of the themes. Standard Themes like the twenty-styles are working (only can check the search-field. the comment-fields have another layout).

Chris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – thanks for the additional info.

The inconsistency is making this super difficult – there’s nothing in Mantle that would do this.

Whole thing is super strange – still not sure what’s going on, but I assume it’s some sort of weird bug in Edge.

Still looking into it πŸ™‚

Chris

Hi Tom

I think there’s a Workaround till Edge will work correctly.

My testpage has two pages. One with the sidebar to the left, and one with the bar to the right.

Perhaps you have the same behaviour? If the sidebar’s on the left the descriptions are gone.

Chris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Finally got this fixed – it was an issue in the Colors add-on.

The next version of GP Premium/Colors has the fix applied.

Thanks for pointing it out! πŸ™‚

Chris

You’re welcome – and thank you for solving it πŸ™‚

Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.