[Resolved] comment cookie checkbox missing?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] comment cookie checkbox missing?

Home Forums Support comment cookie checkbox missing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi there,
    I’m not seeing the comment cookie checkbox on the GeneratePress theme blog posts anymore. Has this been removed, or am I missing it for some reason in my browsers?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Nothing has changed there.

Do you have the setting checked in Dashboard > Settings > Show comments cookies opt-in checkbox?

Let me know πŸ™‚

David

Hi Leo,

Thanks very much for your support. Yes that fixes the missing checkboxes.

I’m sorry, somehow I missed that there was a “Show comments cookies opt-in checkbox” setting on the WordPress Discussion settings page.

Was this setting just recently added in one of the latest releases of WordPress, as the comments cookies checkbox was showing by default on the websites that I upgraded when GeneratePress 2.1.2 was released?

I noticed that the GeneratePress comments do not have the checkbox, do you think it is a feature that is maybe not essential – https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-7/#respond

thanks,
    David

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah I believe it was recently added for the GDPR issues.

I can’t really provide comment on if it’s essential or not as I don’t know enough about it (think it’s country based) but if you Google GDPR there should be lots of related articles πŸ™‚

David

Thanks Leo, appreciate the help. GDPR certainly has introduced some interesting changes to the way we setup WordPress websites.

kind regards,
    David

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.