[Resolved] Comment Box size

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Comment Box size

Home Forums Support Comment Box size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terra

Hello,
    I am trying to make the ‘Comment Box’ – the Comment field that shows at the page bottom when you have Comments enabled – SMALLER. It shows up on my pages as a gigantic box! I don’t know how to make it smaller! I have searched this forum and the Documentation articles for help, but I still don’t know how to do it. What am I missing?! Please help. πŸ™‚

I have tried adding this to the Additional CSS (through WP Customize), but it didn’t do anything. Maybe I am not doing it properly.

.comment-content {
    padding: 0;
    border: 0;
    }

Anyway, any help is very appreciated!
    Terra

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
        .comment-form-comment {
            margin-right:50%;
        }
    }

I would recommend you install Simple CSS plugin – another one of Tom’s and use this instead of the additional CSS.

Terra

Thank you!! That worked! Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

ONE more question! It is a much better size, but can I make it just a pinch less ‘tall’, as well? What can I add to the CSS you gave me to also make the height a bit smaller, too? πŸ™‚ Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – bit more complicated so scrub the above code and use the following. Presuming you want to keep everything the same on the mobile apart from the width:

.comment-form-comment textarea {
        display: block;
        float: none;
        font-size: 12px;
        height: 12em;
        width: 50%;
    }

@media (max-width: 768px) {
    	.comment-form-comment textarea {
       		width: 100%;
    	}
    }
    Terra

Wow – it works! Thank you. I really appreciate your time and your help! GeneratePress has AMAZING support.
    Terra πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your welcome. I was just passing by. Helps me learn and helps Tom out so he can carry on developing even greater things.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re awesome, David πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.