[Resolved] Coming Soon page suggestions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Coming Soon page suggestions

Home Forums Support Coming Soon page suggestions

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Orin.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JANEK

Good afternoon,

I’m launching a site in a weeks time and I thought it would be good to have a coming soon page visible a day before it goes live. However I’d like to continue to work on the site in the meantime. I’ve seen theres no shortage of plugins offering coming soon/maintenance mode page functionality. I’m just wondering if the Generate Press team have any suggestions on what to go with or if you have another idea how to implement a splash page to prevent people from seeing the rest of the site till I’m ready to reveal it.

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you could go overboard and write some PHP or add redirects all over the place. Simply put – much easier to use a plugin πŸ™‚

This gets a lot of 5* reviews:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/coming-soon/

JANEK

Oh god no…

Say no more! I was looking at that one but in the end I was about to pull the trigger on
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/lj-maintenance-mode/
    Which seems light weight and isnt trying to sell pro features.

Just thought I’d put that one up there for anyone looking for something that doesnt look so bloated.

At this stage it looks like I wont need it after all. πŸ™‚

Thanks for your response though, I appreciate the help and its always better to ask people with experience then jump in the water without looking.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha – thanks for sharing the lightweight alternative πŸ™‚

Orin

Thanks for this JANEK! I was looking for a simple, lightweight maintenance mode plugin but was having a hard time with it. I appreciate the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.