[Support request] Columns splitting up on tablet mode solution?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Columns splitting up on tablet mode solution?

Home Forums Support Columns splitting up on tablet mode solution?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    unoaime

I’m sure this is something simple but a friend i’ve made a website for keeps telling me it looks fine on PC and mobile but not on tablet.

It basically just parses the last column underneath the first 2 columns. I need to play with column width somewhere i’m sure but don’t really know how as its in one of his pages/posts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

unoaime

Hi Leo, private information updated. As you can see on tablet mode it just doesn’t display very nicely. The guy i handed the site over to designed the page and has experimented with both tables and columns he says.

Thanks for the reply.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you referring to the columns block from Guteberg?

If so GP doesn’t really have any control over how it works on tablet/mobile screen unfortunately.

I would recommend using the Grid blocks from GenerateBlocks which offers much better controls:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/generateblocks/

unoaime

Yes i am. Has there never been a way to solve this problem then?

I will download and experiment with GenerateBlocks as it looks fantastic. I must admit though, i’m a little apprehensive of changing what this small group of over 65s are used to, especially as they have no web-design knowledge.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not really as the columns block from Gutenberg isn’t very flexible.

GB is definitely the way to go as it allows you to control how they display on mobile.

If you create a section that works correctly, you can then duplicate it then swap out the content.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.